Sunday, April 26, 2009

on the other side

I do not want to love you
because that is everyone else's job
it is the job of others
whose position soars
girls I've grown up with
girls who line the field
to watch you sprint and score
your face
a never ending flush of tiny victories

I do not wan to love you
because I fall to ruins watching you
running and sprinting
and lobbing things
into the air so high
they might never come down

I do not want to think of you
walking towards me
I do not want to think about you
at night, when no one is thinking of me

so I am giving you to other girls
they can have you and the smiles
that smiles down upon you
they can have you
and the sky that opens up for you
they can have you
and they can keep you


the skies are full of stars
so why keep staring at the one
that have spun forever
out of reach
simply because they shine the brightest
of the rest





No comments: