Tuesday, November 27, 2007

more thoughts

Though I speak with the tongues of people and of angels,
but have not love,
I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal.

And though I have the gift of prophecy,
and understand all mysteries and all knowledge,

and though I have faith,
so that I could remove mountains,
but have not love,
I am nothing.

And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor,

and though I give my body to be burned,
but have not love,
it profits me nothing.

Love suffers long and is kind;
love does not envy;
love does not parade itself,
is not puffed up;
does not behave rudely,
does not seek its own,
is not provoked,
thinks no evil;
does not rejoice in iniquity,
but rejoices in the truth;
bears all things,
believes all things,
hopes all things,
endures all things.

Love never fails.

No comments: